Friday, November 1, 2013

Off the Record: Paul McCartney's 'New'

...Aaaaand we're back. 

After my unfortunate spill of coffee onto our computer, we have upgraded and I'm ready and equipped to get back to blogging. When I haven't been grappling with Bach and his Brandenburg concertos, Paul McCartney and his new (and somewhat shockingly quite good) album, 'New' have been distracting me quite a bit. I feel kinda bad being surprised that Paul's record is actually pretty awesome, but it really is engaging and more sonically and lyrical daring then you would expect from your average 71 year old rock and roll legend. In 'New', McCartney doesn't rest on his musical laurels and the results are often quite fun. The video below for the second single, Queenie Eye, is a good introduction to the album and also features quite a number of very famous people. See if you can spot them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment