Friday, September 6, 2013

Off the Record: September Records!

I'm pretty stoked for September. So many records are coming out this month that I am quite excited for and I thought this Friday I would share a few songs from some of the LPs that I'm looking forward to. First off, Janelle MonĂ¡e's new record 'The Electric Lady comes out on the 10th. She is responsible for one of the best records of 2010, 'The ArchAndroid', and I have high hopes for her second album. Here is the second infectious single off of the album, Dance Apocalyptic



Next up is the fifth LP from one of my favorite bands, Arctic Monkeys, simply titled 'AM' (also out on the 10th). If the first few singles are any indication of what to expect, we are in for a real treat from a band that continues to morph and grow with each record. Here's the wonderfully stomping & chugging single, Do I Wanna Know?:



It's seems like I've been waiting forever for the debut album of an awesome little outfit called Haim (rhymes with 'time') and come September 30, the wait will be over. If you have never heard of them, check out the video below for the single, The Wire, and you'll see what sweet delights you've been missing from these three sisters.


Also excited for Holy Ghost!'s second record, 'Dynamics', and, of course, Part 2 of Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience'. Anything I'm missing? What upcoming records are you excited for?

Katy Perry & I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment